Executing is as easy as A, B, C.
(Until you get punched in the mouth*)
Uncertainty is everywhere
Doing and learning must move hand-in-hand. Innovation disrupts the edge, but starts in the core. We must work differently when faced with uncertainty.
- Supply chain disruptions
- Ransomware attacks
- Mass resignations
- Energy grid collapses
The world, increasingly complex
- Global interconnectivity
- (Mis)Information moving at the speed of light
- Customer agility
- Knowledge lives on the edge
- Artificial intelligence
- Employee (dis)engagement
New opportunities emerge
Turn down the noise when the assembly line gears are grinding, rusty with age. Accept the discord as a sign to learn new ways to adapt, to become RAD: Resilient. Aware. Dynamic.
Look to new ways of thinking, working and organizing, based on 5 Elements of RAD:
- Empathy—understanding needs, aspirations and obstacles
- Exploration—admitting the know and seeking to learn
- Evidence—challenging biases with data and insights
- Equilibrium—balancing execution and exploration
- Ethics—maintaining values and social norms